We are already in March 2021 so this is time to make a review of 2020 and also to set new goals/behaviour for 2021.
What I planed to do one year ago
- Write an article on my blog twice a month
- Was a bit excessive, it take times to learn new skills and write about it.
- Keep an optimistic mindset, stay positive in main situation
- Try to do so, but this is still in progress.
- Go to 2 conferences
- Even with Covid 19, I achieved to listen to the Python Web Summit, and go another conference plans for April 2021. Conferences I planned to go where cancelled.
- Read at least one book relative to Software and Organization by quarter
- Forget about this goal. I read a lot of documentation about Angular (new techno for me), and about gitlab. Will probably define books to read for this year
- Be proactive and not lazy - discover new technologies and get out of my comfort zone
- Got a new job, so I needed to learn new technologies, new logics, and get out my confort zone !
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (do that since 4 months)
- Achieve to go to the gym before Covid, and now doing Freeletics at home, 4 times a week
- Cook my meal for all lunches during the week
- Working from home helps a lot on this one, otherwise I think I achieved to do that 4 times a week.
- Drink less than one coffee a day
- No more coffee during week, only on the weekend!
- Do not buy accessories coming from all around the world (lets see if I can do the same for clothes)
- Decrease by 50%, and most of the stuff ordered online are coming from close country
- Drink less alcohol during the week (start by ordering small beer instead of large one)
- No more alcohol during week for two months now, and really decrease alcohol during weekend. Feel great about it
- Do meditation twice a week before sleeping
- Total failure on this one, but instead try to go walking at least 30 minutes during week
What also happened during the year
- I got a new job. I am now working at Hacknowledge. Still working with Python (tornado, sqlAchemy, flask, docker, gitlab). Also working with Angular, Material Design and I quite love it.
- I am working from home full-time and I (finally) achieve to put all the setup I needed to be fully focused and efficient.
- I will start a new adventure in few months and become president of the association that I am involved.
- 🎙 Go to 2 conferences
- ✍🏼 Write an article on my blog once a month -> try to write small articles about stuff I discovered at work.
- 📚 Read books relative to work (The unicorn project, Unfu*k yourself, Design pattern, something about SqlAchemy)
- 🖥 Improve skills on Design pattern, and data base
- 🧘🏽♀️ Be more rigorous when I do pull requests and to document new project
- Reduce my job to 90%
- 🚶🏽♀️Walk at least 5000 steps by day
- No more alcohol 🍺 and coffee ☕ during week
- ⏰ Be more organized to split between job, association and hobby
- 🤸🏽♀️ Freeletics 4 times a week
- Be able to clean the appartment and do not create lots of bazaars all over the place
- Reduce time spent on some websites where I infinite scroll (Twitter, Linkedin, LeMatin, instagram, youtube, ….)